Sunday, February 28, 2016

Name: Ca'Stella Latisana Pinot Grigio Friuli
Variety: Pinot Grigio
Region: Friuli
Country: Italy
Year: 2014
Price: 9.95
Review (France 44): Pale golden hue, with heady aromas of fresh citrus fruit, crushed flowers and some notes of pear. On the palate, refreshing and vibrant, with ripe green fruit flavors, a touch of minerality and good acidity.  
(https://www.france44.com/wine/ca-stella-pinot-grigio-friuli-latisana-2013)
My Review: The bouquet of this wine was not what I was expecting; I immediately got an almost overpowering musky smell. My girlfriend said it was like wet straw but I've never smelled that so I have no idea.  I got a new glass just in case mine wasn't washed and it smelled the same.  The taste was delicate, though, and very light and springy. It tasted like mineral water with a little pear.

No comments:

Post a Comment