Sunday, February 28, 2016

Name: Chateau Puy Servain Cotes De Montravel 2012
Variety: 100% Semillon
Region: Montravel
Country: France
Year: 2012
Price: ~$10
Review (Vintage Cellar): I had a hard time finding a Semillon wine. I was told that it wouldn't be easy to find a 100% Semillon that wasn't blended with Sauvignon Blanc but we finally found this one. I was told that 100% Semillon would be very sweet and dessert-like. I could not find much information on this wine - even the Vintage Cellar website did not have it listed.
My Review: This wine was dark golden colored and smelled sweet almost like honey, gardeny, and almost like chicken. The first thing that stuck out when tasting was how full-bodied the wine was. Maybe it was just that I tasted it after the Chenin Blanc and Pinot Grigio, but this wine was thick.  As far as actual taste goes, I got honey and vanilla/butterscotch, but the sweetness was tempered by something "dull" that I couldn't place. After chilling the wine, There was more of an over-ripened fruit taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment